Scientists have found a way to help us lead even less stressful lives by introducing smartness into every technology, thereby enhancing and optimizing them. The latest in the line of these technologies is your dimmer switch. Bulbs and lighting were built to provide heat and warmth at homes and work places and to help enhance night vision, but along the line it becomes difficult to leave a warm bed sheet in winter to go dim or intensify your room lighting after the end of a very stressful day or early in the morning. Or you rushing off to work late and realising the home bulbs were left on but unfortunately you work far off from home. Whatever the case, the solution to these challenged was the introduction of a smart dimmer light. That way, you can stay anywhere to adjust (turn off/on your light switch ) just like a magician, only that this time; your smartphone is your wand.
But unless you’re not going to purchase any smart dimmer light for easier lifestyle, I’ll take the opportunity to introduce to you the best smart dimmer switch that you can buy.
- Wemo Dimmer WiFi Light Switch (F7CO59)
- Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Single Pole/3-way Dimmer Switch Starter Kit, P-BDG-PKG1W-A
- Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch For Wall And Ceiling Lights
- Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting 2 Dimmer Switch Starter Kit, P-BDG-PKG2W-A
- Ecobee Switch + Smart Light Switch
- Smart WiFi Light Switch Dimmer Easy in-Wall Installation
We’ll now go on to expose them one after the other.
This smart dimmer is one of the best used in adjusting house lighting to a suitable atmosphere. The exciting thing about this smart dimmer is it boasts of simple installation, all you need to make use of it is just download the free application on your gadget and use it to manipulate your light adjustment without subscription when you are connected to a WiFi.
- Item weighs 8 ounces
- Item dimensions are : 1 × 1 × 1 inches
- Item model number : 6A49640
- Device interface primary : touchscreen
- Color : multi-color
- Box content : WeMo Dimmer Switch, quick install guide
- Albeit Alexa is sold separately and not up for downloads, WeMo dimmer WiFi light switch is configured to partner with Alexa for even voice control. I mean to say you are able to use only your voice to instruct your smart dimmer switch on just what to do. Voltage rating; 120 VAC.
- Subscription or Hub is very unnecessary. Multiple control options are possible, that way the WeMo application can be used to adjust the lighting, you can also control WeMo dimmer from the wall, and lastly make use of your voice via Amazon’s Alexa or Google Assistant.
- Ability to let you configure your lighting to automatically react to sunset and sunrise day by day is a very exciting feature. Your smart dimmer automatically dims your lighting at sunrise and brightens it at sunset, without hassles or daily effort from you.
- Light optimization devoid of flickers.
- A night mode that dims your lighting to an intensity that protects your eyes.
- Special feature that partners with Nest to discover when anybody is home, and turn the lights on in their presence, and off in their absence.
- Very selective or low compatibility : works with only one-way connection light switch and not three-way.
- In California, it is legally known to contain substances that induce cancer cells and birth defects in pregnant wives or young ladies.
- Works only with neutral wire and incompatible with metal plates
- Only communicates while being in direct line-of-sight with a router
Without cutting holes nor making electrical wirings, you’ll be able to successfully manipulate every lighting in your house using just your smartphone; iOS or Android. This wireless dimmer utilises about 600 watts of incadescent or halogen and 150 watts of dimmable LED or dimmable CFL ( Compound Fluorescent Lamp ).
Use of smartphone to adjust lighting can be successful by mounting the follow-come Pico remote control directly on the wall to achieve dimming in more than one part of the house. Thereafter, use the Lutron Smart bridge and App to adjust your home lighting even while at work by mere pressing of a button.
- Item weighs 1.25 pounds
- Product dimensions are 9.4 × 6 × 5.6 inches
- Item model number : P – BDG – PKG1W – A
- Battery : 1 CR2 batteries required ( included )
- Color : White
- Voltage : 120 Volts
- Wattage : 150 Watts
- Style : Starter Kit
- Battery Cell Type : Lithium Ion
- Batteries included? Yes
- Box components : (a) Smart Bridge (b) Caseta In-Wall dimmer (c) Pico Remote Control (d) Pico Wallplate Bracket
- iOS and Android Lutron apps used to adjust in-house light bulbs are for free
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Carrier Cor, Ecobee, Nest, Honeywell, Google Assistant, Logitech, Samsung SmartThings, Sonos, Serena Shades, et cetera
- Can be utilized with single-pole, 3-way, or multi-location applications; Lutron Pico Wallplate Bracket included for 3-way installation
- Can connect with 50 other Lutron devices by using SmartBridge to link other rooms
- Easy and fast installation in a short period of 15 minutes
- Has an heavy weight relative to other Smart dimmers.
- No diversity in color options
- It works seamlessly with Alexa, but only in one location
- Not compatible with all LEDs
This dimmer gets along with any modern bulb; even LED and dimmable CFL, halogen and incandescent. You will easily manipulate the dimmer using a Lurton Pico remote control; however you’ll have to purchase it differently.
With these, you can smartly adjust your bulbs to suit any mood that you are in; romance, studies, relaxation, or NetFlix.
- Item weighs 2.05 pounds
- Product dimensions are 2 × 3.4 × 5.5 inches
- Color : White
- Voltage : 120 Volts
- Wattage : 600 watts
- Batteries includes? No
- Material : Plastic
- Voice control possible in partnership with Amazon’s Alexa. However, Alexa device and Smart Bridge which are used for this are sold separately.
- Able to manage 17 bulbs per circuit ( only 8.5W LED bulb; 60W incandescent equivalent )
- Compatible with 150W dimmable LED/CFL or 600W incandescent/halogen bulbs.
- Works in multi-locations. But you’ll use Caseta Wall Mount Kit (PJ2-WALL-WH-L01, sold separately)
- Compatible with voice assistant/smartphone through Lutron app for iOS and Android. However, you’ll need Smart Bridge. Anyway, app is free.
- Easy installation
- Only one IP address is required
- Box content: (a) Caseta Wireless Smart Dimmer Switch
- Batteries are not required
- Inflexibility: there is only one way of turning lights on (using only the center button on the remote )
- Minimum brightness is 100% no way to regulate the minimum brightness
- Highly expensive
- Fails to dim LED lights as good as it dims other lights
This dimmer kit that comes with Smart Bridge offers you easy and smart control over your house bulbs. You can either use Pico remote control or a free Lutron app to do the adjustment. Configure the dimmer settings to reflect with the season or fix a schedule for the dimmer to follow every other day. For this dimmer to work in multi-locations apps, you’ll substitute the available switch with a Pico remote control and wall plate Adapter.
- Item weighs 1.75 pounds
- Product dimensions are 2.8 × 2.8 × 1.2 inches
- Part number: P-BDG-PKG2W-A
- Style: Wireless Deluxe Smart Lighting Control Kit
- Batteries: 1 CR123A batteries necessary
- Color: White
- Battery cell type : Lithium metal
- Box content : (a) smart bridge (b) in-Wall dimmers (c) Coordinating wallplates (d) Pico remotes.
- Although Alexa device is sold sepatately, it is able to partner with it alongside hub for an effective voice control
- Works without neutral wire. Great for old homes which were built without neutral wires
- Controls up to seventeen 8.5 watt LED bulbs
- Easy set-up
- Lutron iOS and Android apps are for free and don’t cost a dime
- Smart “Away” feature turns off lights in your absence
- Functions with more than a 1,000 dimmable LEDs, incandescent and halogen bulbs. N/B: Please check “Technical Specifications” for suggested types of bulbs.
- Compatible with a bigger number of Smart Home brands such as Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit, Google Assistant, Serena Shades and Sonos than other Smart dimmer lights
- Inability to set up a default dimming level : when turned on at the switch it goes to maximum brightness
- Many non-LED bulbs don’t work with this dimmer
- Complicated layout. A new inmate or even guest may witness problems while using it
After forty-five minutes installation time, Ecobee Switch will take control of your house lighting in partneeship wih Alexa and offer you diverse functions ranging from reading you weather news, playing podcasts, responding to your verbal lighting request, and switching off all lights when nobody is home.
- Part number / item model number: EB-SMSWV-02
- Item weighs 9.3 ounces
- Product dimensions are 3.4 × 3.3 × 5.3 inches
- Switch Style: Push button
- Batteries required / batteries included? No
- Box content: (a) Ecobee Switch+ Smart Light Switch (b) decorative trim plate (c) wire nuts (d) installation instructions
- Easy installation, however not fast.
- Higher tehnologies like built-in motion detection, ambient light sensors, built-in Alexa were incorporated to offer you advanced experience in smart lighting. That way, you don’t even need an extra Alexa purchase for effective verbal light control
- Distance is no barrier: from anywhere, you can manipulate Ecobee smart dimmer and by extension, the in-house lights by downloading the Ecobee mobile app on Android playstore or iOS device.
- Alexa is in-built. No need for extra purchase of an Alexa before you can play songs, listen to news updates, set timer, regulate temperature and others.
- Takes long time for installation, relative to other smart dimmer switches
- Alexa’s configuration is limited to the in-built settings
- No hub recognition, multi-room audio, and 3-way switch capability
- Not compatible with Ecobee thermstat and other Ecobee products
With this product, you can configure a timing for the turning on and turning off of all your bulbs, you can as well set a schedule that it will automatically replay every other day. It supports Alexa and Google Home ( built-in ) in order to grant you access to turn on/off your home lights with the power of your voice.
- Brand: Tubwair
- Part Number: 15321552911072
- Product Dimensions: 12.6 x 3.9 x 3.1 inches
- Item weighs 0.32 ounces
- Material: PC V0 + Toughened Glass Panel
- Transmission distance: Infinity
- Max. Current: 10A
- Max Power: 1000W
- Input/Output Voltage: A100-240V, 50/60HZ.
- OS Supported: Android 4.0, iOS 8.0
- Color: White
- Main Item Size: Approx. 86mm*86mm*37mm
- APP Support language, Chinese, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Russian rain, etc. (Language automatically switches according to the language set by the user’s mobile phone)
- Box content: (a) WiFi smart switch (b) English user manual
- In partnership witg Alexa, this product also offers voice control
- Able to sync your bulbs to automatically turn on at dawk and off at dawn
- Compatible with Nest to discover when you’re at home or absent and turn on/off the lights accordingly
- Works only with one-way connection light switch and not three-way connection light switch
- Utilizes neutral wires only
It has gotten increasingly necessary to automatically manipulate switches and dim or intensify the light bulbs so as to create a perfect mood for whatever activity we may be engaged in like studying, movie watching, sleeping, relaxation or whatever. In order to ease up our daily life activities and live in a much more modern world, smart dimmer switches were introduced and they are here to stay. A number of them are out there already so if you wanna upgrade your home and make it smarter, you can check out our reviews of best smart dimmer switch and pick one that suits your taste, then purchase.